Indian daily soaps are in a league of their own when it comes to accidental comedy and VFX abuse, rivalled only be the most masala-stuffed action flicks. And even the Rohit Shetty-est of movie directors would balk at the vertigo-inducing camerawork of the average daily soap. We’d go so far as to argue that these shows are a national treasure, in that they should be safely locked away and only looked at during your annual visit to the museum.
Thanks to cord-cutting—and mental-health survival instinct—we’re not really up-to-date on what the saas, bahus and naagins are up to these days. But we do get our occasioanl fix thanks to the viral clips from these TV shows circulating on social media. Why do they go viral? Because they’re insane. No seriously. Some clips from TV serials make us wonder what the writers were smoking and how we can get access to their plugs. Check these out if you think we’re exaggerating.
1. We just want to know where this accent originates from?
Want to get each line tattooed on forehead.
2. Just want to be as chill as this toddler while the world burns around us.
The VFX here could give some major competition to Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani.
3. Where do we get this plastic surgeon’s number?
The Kardashians are looking for this doctor’s digits.
3. We think we downloaded the wrong OnlyFan(s).
There’s a lot to process here.
4. We’re sorry but Mujhse Dosti Karoge did it first (and did it better).
Really gives Om Shanti Om‘s ‘ek chutki sindoor‘ a new meaning.
5. Hey kids, do you want to know what The Da Vinci Code was *actually* about? Watch from the 2 minute mark.
Hang this piece of art in the Louvre.
6. Move aside Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst.
Who did it better?
7. This is not what “safe sex” means.
A pack of condoms or a hand grenade? You guys decide.
8. The real action starts from the 6.32 mark, you’re welcome.
Don’t fall in love… fly in love.
9. We’re sorry, but Naagin is a gift that keeps on giving.
10. Honourable mention: Not from this year but any list on Indian daily soaps is incomplete without this timeless classic.
A love like this ❤️