Watch: From the BAFTAs to the Oscars, These 5 Speeches are Comedy Gold
1. In addition to Best Male Lead, Adam Sandler should also have been nominated for the Best Speech Award at the Independent Spirit Awards:
“I have tried to sell my truths with a truly independent spirit while also cashing some truly disturbingly large paycheques.”
2. Rebel Wilson blew up the BAFTAs:
“I don’t think I could do what they could do, honestly, I just don’t have the balls.” Rebel Wilson won a BAFTA while holding one up against her nose and landing the perfect pun in her presentation speech.
Could she have been a choice for hosting the Academy Awards? No chance. Watch.
3. Ricky Gervais is never being invited back to the Golden Globes:
“Remember: they’re all just jokes. We’re gonna die soon and there’s no sequel.” Gervais warned the audience before he began mercilessly slicing into everyone there.
4. Brad Pitt isn’t really on Tinder, but he was at the SAG Awards:
Yes, there was in fact more to Brad Pitt’s appearance at the SAG awards than just the viral photo of him holding on to Jennifer Anniston’s hand while she walked away.
Pitt’s speech was all about the acceptance of his award and his past, both done hilariously when he summarised his role as “the guy who gets high, takes his shirt off and doesn’t get off with his wife.”
5. Kristyen Wiig & Maya Rudolph’s audition tape at Oscars 2020:
“There are a lot of directors here tonight, and we just wanted them to know we do more than comedy…”