Daniel Fernandes has been touring with his one-hour solo standup special Shadows for over 18 months. After a brief hiatus this summer, he announced his last and final live tour of the show across India, after which he retires the show forever. Will it still be accessible online somewhere when he’s done? Probably not. So you might want to catch it live while you still can.
1. Quick! What’s this show about?
There’s a wonderful review about the show written by the lovely folks at DeadAnt. Click here to read.
2. How many shows of Shadows have you done, and how many do you have left?
I’ve lost count of the number of shows I’ve done with Shadows. Definitely crossed 100. I’m currently on the final tour which will wrap up somewhere between August and September 2019. Please follow me on Instagram for all show updates.
3. How long did it take you to come up with the material?
Took me a month in October 2017 to write it, a few trials and then it has been on tour since Jan 2018 with constant fine tuning along the way. Over 18 months in, and I’m still adding jokes to the show. The process never ends.
4. Is this leading up to a recorded special for Amazon or Netflix? Or are you seriously just gonna junk it when it’s done?
I have concluded that Netflix and Amazon Prime have no idea I exist. C’est la vie. But maybe I have another trick up my sleeve. Stay tuned for updates.
5. Why should we watch it live?
For the same reason having sex is way better than watching porn.
6. Is it “woke”?
Nope! It’s entertaining, dark and provocative.
7. Are you still in therapy? Do you recommend it for everyone?
Therapy of all kinds is always recommended.
8. Is this damn thing gonna have any crowd work?
Nope. Please catch my other show ‘Talk to Me‘ for crowd work. Tour details out soon.
9. What’s the most common response you’ve received for Shadows so far?
Hundreds of fan mail telling me how people have connected with the show on a very emotional level. Very hard to pick a favorite. Grateful to have received them all.
10. WTF are you doing in Berlin RN?
Nothing I can mention here 🙂