As he gears up for his first-ever nationwide solo standup tour across 10 cities, we ask Rohan Joshi some very quick questions to help you decide which friends to make your weekend plans with.
1. Quick! What’s this show about?
Ageing, privilege, and weed.
2. How many shows are you doing across how many cities?
So far we’ve got 10 shows across 10 cities but we’re hoping to add some more!
3. How long has it taken you to come up with this (roach) material (lolololhelpme)?
Close to two years for some of it! Also, really this is why you save boarding cards. Always.
4. Is this leading up to a recorded special for Amazon or Netflix? When is that scheduled to release?
Yes! No clue when it goes out though!
5. Why should we watch it live?
Do you like smoking a joint or watching a streaming video of other people smoking joints?
6. Is it “woke”?
It’s honest. “Woke” or not is for other people to decide.
7. The other half of AIB-Lite is also on the road with his first nationwide solo standup tour. Is yours better than Shakya’s?
Typical paid media trying to start cold vibes between colleagues.
8. Is this damn thing gonna have any Gujju jokes?
You know what, I don’t think so!
9. Are you baked right now? Hell, it’s Saturday. Are you AWAKE right now?
No comment. Just gonna finish my ice-cream here instead.
10. Is this basically just a long-winded campaign to legalise weed in India?
Yes. Legalise, goddammit.
11. On a scale of 1-WTFAMIDOING, how nervous are you?
I’ve never been more terrified in my life. True story.
NOTE TO FANS: “If you’ve seen the MojoMaximus tour with Rohan Joshi and Ashish Shakya, you have technically seen about half this show, please keep that in mind while buying tickets.” Unless you’re in Pune on 4 August. Because there, regardless of whether or not you’ve seen Joshi’s set, all proceeds from tickets sales go towards an animal shelter, so there’s your CSR activity for the week done! Get your tickets here: Mumbai, Hyderabad, Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Goa, and Manipal.